We have harvested, dry-aged and boxed our first lamb crop from the Ranch. Based on early sampling, the meat is mild, lean and succulent. We are now offering our Lamb Shares (half a lamb). If you are a wine or beef club member, your 20% club discount will apply to each 20 lb. Lamb Share box ($225 list price), which will include:
- 1 rack
- 1 loin, cut into 1" chops
- sirloin and shoulder chops
- 2 leg roast
- 2 shanks
- riblets and stew meat
- a few lbs. of ground lamb and sausage, in 1 lb. packages
Springtime, Party Time, Excellent!
Springtime is festival time in Paso Robles. We will be pouring our wines at the following events in next few months:
- Zinfandel Weekend, March 15-17, 11am to 5pm at Thacher Winery, including 2011 Zin barrel samples and advance "future" sales
- Paso Robles Cab Collective, April 27, 2-5pm at Windfall Farms in Paso Robles
- Rangeland Wines Field Day, First Annual April 28, 12 to 3:30pm at Adelaida Springs Ranch (see below for more details)
- Paso Robles Wine Festival, May 18-19, 11am-5 pm; the ranch will be open to visitors for tasting and grass-fed sliders.
First Annual Rangeland Field Day
For years we have talked about a springtime event in the pasture celebrating what we do here as ranchers and winegrowers. Our inaugural Rangeland Field Day will include wine, food, music, educational and livestock displays and tours in our beautiful pasture, including:
- 11:00 am Vineyard Tour led by winemaker Shannon Gustafson
- 12:00 - 3:00 pm Field Day Celebration
- Wine: taste Rangeland Wines and enjoy a glass with your lunch
- Food: grass-fed beef and lamb sliders, salads, homemade baked goodies, lemonade and iced tea
- Music: live acoustic music from local singer/songwriter/guitarist Jill Knight, plus some homegrown family and ranch employee performances
- 3:00 pm Ranch tour led by owner Laird Foshay
Tickets: $40 per person, club discounts apply for members and their guests (when purchased by the club member).
Children 12 and under are free.
Attendance is limited for the event and more so for the tours, so reserve your spot early on our website.
Wine and Beef Club Update-Lamb Too!
We will release our spring Wine Club shipment at the Field Day on April 28. You can pick-up that day or anytime thereafter. We will ship the wine club in early May.
Our cattle are getting fat and our spring harvest should occur in June. If all goes as planned we will be shipping the beef club around July 1. We will announce the availability of beef and notify waiting list customers of the opportunity sometime in June.
We are also getting ready for our first lamb harvest and will announce availability in April to all our club members and newsletter subsribers. We are planning to sell a half of lamb, about 20 lbs., for $225. Wine and beef club discounts will apply.
Saturday, 08 December 2012 11:33
Our holiday sale items make wonderful gifts, including one for the culinary adventurer (organ meats). These good deals are even better for wine and beef club members, because club discounts apply to these already reduced prices:
- Grass-fed Ground Beef, 20 lb. box in 1 lb. packages (list $120)--5% off with coupon code: dec2012. Supply limited. Shipped in California only.
- Beef Organ Meats, 10 lbs. of tongue, heart, liver and kidneys frozen and individually vac packed--5% off with coupon code: dec2012. Supply limited. Shipped in California only.
Wine club members can buy beef with their club discount and vice versa for beef club members buying wine. These offers are valid through December 31. You can order online, by phone (805-674-9232) or send me an
The winter wet season really set in here with last week's storms, delivering over 6 inches of rainfall. High winds stripped most of the leaves from the trees and vines. Mild weather this week has the new grass well started, so much of the ranch is taking on a parklike appearance. Our sheep and cattle are hungrily mowing the fresh green growth. You can almost hear the country sigh, along with the local ranchers who welcome the end of the seasonal drought.
We also had rain for our Wine and Beef Club Pick-up Party on November 17, but we had more than 80 people attend anyway. Their spirits and appetites were not dampened by the weather. Thanks to everyone who came out and expressed appreciation for what we do.
Lamb and Honey Update
We've had a number of inquiries about lamb and honey offerings this year. We have dozens of young lambs on the ranch and our bee colony is developing, but we haven't harvested enough yet to offer any for sale. Watch your email box and our website in 2013 for our introductory offers. We'll probably have some lamb meat for sale this spring but haven't settled the details yet.
Please accept our warmest wishes for a happy holiday season and a healthy New Year from Laird, Lisa and family, as well Winemaker Shannon and Livestock Manager Nathan
Pick-up Party and Holiday Specials
We just finished our wine grape harvest last week. Winemaker Shannon Gustafson is staring down the last couple of fermentation tanks and she will soon have these final lots pressed off to barrel. The hot, dry 2012 vintage promises intense flavors from very ripe fruit. We are preparing for our first-ever Wine and Beef Club pick-up party here at the ranch next weekend. Here are the details:
- Date: Saturday November 17, drop by from 12:00 to 5:00 PM
- Place: Adelaida Springs Ranch Headquarters (our home)
- Invited: ASR Beef and Rangeland wine club members and guests
- Food: ASR Grass-fed Beef Chili, local sausage & other treats
- Drink: Rangeland Wines, including barrel samples
- Ranch tour: 2:00~3:00 PM
- RSVP: Please let us know by
if you plan to attend, how many are in your party and if you'd like to go on the tour.
If you can't make the party, we'll hold your club package for pick-up or shipment, as usual. We will be shipping the wine club the week of November 26 (after Thanksgiving), and the beef club the week of December 3. Let us know by
or phone (805-674-9232) if you have any special shipping or pick-up requests or would like to add wines to your order. If you've already made other arrangements with us, you can disregard all this.
We have two wines on sale that will complement your holiday meals or make wonderful gifts. These are incredible deals for wine club members, because your discounts apply to these already reduced prices:
You can order online, at the party, by phone or send me an